EASY LAWNCARE TO KEEP YOU SMILING AT YOUR LAWN.
Lawncare is easier than you imagine. Whether you are in Perth, Baldivis, Rockingham or Mandurah, lawncare can begin under any kind of environmental circumstances. So, here are some ways in which you can keep your efforts low and make your family happy with a beautiful lawn.
How to prepare your site for Sir Walter lawn installation:
- It is very important to eradicate all vegetation on the site before installing your new turf. It is worth the 2 week wait to kill off all the previous lawns and weeds.
- Not sure if you need to add in extra soil? Please give me a call and we can discuss whether you need it or not.
- Install reticulation and garden beds
- If you have areas of brick paving: level the soil 30mm below the top of the paving to allow for the new turf.
- Once the soil is levelled – don’t forget to apply the lawn start fertiliser
- The most important thing to remember before installing your new Sir Walter turf is “have your site ready and reticulation installed and working”. Please don’t order your new turf if the site is not prepared and ready for immediate installation. Especially ensure that reticulation has been tested and is watering evenly over the whole lawn site. All turf varieties, including Sir Walter, will deteriorate if left rolled up. Install as soon as possible after delivery.
- Before laying the turf, apply a lawn start fertiliser according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When installing your Sir Walter turf, start from a straight edge and work across. Stagger the joints, just like a brickwork pattern. Push the edges of the rolls together tightly to avoid gaps. Cut the rolls of turf to fit. This is easily done with a serrated knife.
- Once the turf is installed, water it thoroughly, apply Aqua Force and water again.
- The next day apply Bi-Agra.
- The turf start fertiliser helps to establish the root system of your new turf. Commence a regular lawn maintenance fertiliser 3 weeks after planting.